I have a confession to make: I’ve already made a few holiday home decor purchases this year. I know, I know–it isn’t even Thanksgiving. My heart just filled with joy the first time I walked into a store and saw the reds, golds, and greens. I knew it was senseless to resist. Plus, most of these items are under $20! Every year Wes and I argue about when to decorate the house for Christmas. I’m a “is Halloween too early?” type of girl and he’s an “all decorations come down at 8:00 a.m. on Jan. 1” type of guy. I haven’t actually put out my decorations yet, but you can rest assured I’m prepared for the moment I get the green light (yep, pun intended)!
- White Porcelain Wine Charms: Just try telling me these aren’t adorable. How perfect would they be for a holiday party? Or a random Tuesday night? Having a glass of red wine is one of my favorite evening splurges and I can’t think of a better way to up the festivity.
- Car with Tree on Top Serving Tray: I tried not to over-do it on this guide, but the car with a tree on top is my very favorite holiday motif. If you want to get specific, it’s the Jeep with the tree on top that warms my heart the most. My grandfather always had a Jeep with wood panels growing up and it never fails to make me think of him and how much he and my grandmother love Christmas (I get it honest). This was my very first Christmas decor purchase this year!
- Threshold Decorative Pillow: One of our pups (Deacon, cough cough) has a thing for throw pillows. When we got down to three (started with 6), I decided it was time to invest in some new. I bought these looking for something neutral and didn’t even realize until I got them home how perfectly they will work with my holiday decorations. They’re soft, cozy, and I love the texture. Now…just to keep them away from Deac-man! Side note: the color is called Sour Cream. I love sour cream as much as the next girl, but–ew. That’s kind of gross. So just overlook that part.
- Set of 4 Stemless Wine Glasses: I have a thing for wine glasses. I can’t tell you how many sets we have. Well, I could, but you’d probably judge me. These are great because they’re plastic! Wes doesn’t love plastic wine glasses but to be honest at the rate we break them around here (clumsy married clumsier–I won’t say who is who) these have a much higher chance of survival.
- Car and Camper Salt and Pepper Shakers: My mom and dad instilled in me a love for Christmas from an early age. In the past they have put together little 12 Days of Christmas presents but this year they surprised me with a goodie bag of Christmas decorations early so I could enjoy them throughout the season. This was one of the items they gave me (told you I loved the car with tree motif!).
- White Berry Glass Hurricane: I love Christmas decor that can stay out past December 25th. The colors in this candle holder make it perfect to enjoy all winter long.
- Falalalala Lumbar Pillow: If you like your throw pillows to be a little more festive, this one’s for you! I love lumbar pillows because they look adorable as an accent on a chair. We keep one of our extra dining chairs in the corner of our foyer and I think this would be the cutest piece to make it pop!
- Capri Anchor Rug: In case you missed the memo (or blog post), I’m obsessed with my dogs. Incorporating dogs into my holiday decor is icing on the cake. Totally adding this to my shopping cart.
- Champagne Glitter Vine Wreath: I have an almost identical wreath from last year that I love. Similar to the hurricane I listed above, the colors and pinecones in this wreath lend it to the entire winter season. It’s timeless enough to put away and reuse for years to come.
When do you decorate for the holidays? Are you an early bird like me? If so, go ahead and get a jump on ordering online so everything will arrive at your doorstep in plenty of time to deck the halls.